John's Greatest Adventure Ever

This blog is to document my "Greatest Adventure Ever." Over the next nine months - I will be traveling through China, SE Asia, and Oceania.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Last Day of Work

So it's my last day at work today. I can't believe it. Of course it's chosen to rain today. I woke up to the sound of rain outside my bedroom window. Had thought about going to the gym to work out but said, forget it, it's raining. Gosh, it feels like I'm home in Vancouver already. ;)

I've been working hard at tying up loose ends this week. Still have to bang out one more paper/report today. Yesterday, my coworkers took me out for lunch. They got me a card and pair of Billabong shorts. How Australian! :D And... here's the best part. Janine and Sullivan, two coworkers who went to the bank on an errand yesterday morning came back with a ... BOX OF KRISPY KREME DONUTS! Wohoooo.... way to make my day. I haven't had KK donuts since I was in Hong Kong last December.

Last night I cooked dinner for the Allan's as a thank you to hosting me for the last few months.

Tonight, I have my farewell party. We're going out for dinner, drinks, and dancing. Should be a good night. I'll try not to drink tooooo much so that I remember it. ;) Sigh... so sad to be leaving all my new friends. :( Oh well, I'll cry about it later. Party on!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    Happy Last Day of Work! :)

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We totally had KK donuts at the apartment one time before a board games night or going out. By the way, why the heck is it not doughnut. That would surely be phrenetically correct! DAMN AMERICANS AND THEIR TRENDY SPELLING!!!

    T.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home