John's Greatest Adventure Ever

This blog is to document my "Greatest Adventure Ever." Over the next nine months - I will be traveling through China, SE Asia, and Oceania.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

More pics of NZ






















1) View of the area surrounding Mt. Cook village - nice hike up to the Sealy Tarns - like the Grouse grind, but no gondola down... ;)
2) Mt Cook - the water looks an amazing blue, doesn't it?
3) Milford Sound
4) Yet another mountain range from Key Summit which is on the Routeburn Track (you can just do the key summit as a short hike from the road and not do the entire track which takes a few days)
5) An amazing view of the mountains and valleys from that crazy hike I went on around Queenstown
6) Another shot from my Queenstown hike. Note smile on face b/c that picture was taken in the morning before I got lost
7) Another shot from that same hike
8) A view of Queenstown from the top of the gondola lift.

I hope you like the pictures. Honestly, they don't really do justice to seeing it with your own eyes.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    Oh John.

    You were hiking by yourself AND you didn't even have a backpack with water/food/emergency supplies? In a foreign country??? Good god, man.

    ok ok, I'm not your mother, yah yah.

    All that aside, what spectacular views!!! The mountains are kinda similar to here, though the water sure is bluer. Gorgeous!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those pictures are b-e-a-u-tiful! thanks for sharing!!

    have fun!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Pomoprophet said…

    ohhhh. coooool. I love when you post pics.

    And by the way, please dont use my real name when you post on my blogspot. Its supposed to be a non-identifying site for me! dork...

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh...my...GAWD! You look absolutely F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S in these pictures!!!

    http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/1948/3778/1600/36119/John%20Andru%20pics%20New%20Zealand%20138.jpg
    http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/1948/3778/1600/362914/John%20Andru%20pics%20New%20Zealand%20261.jpg
    http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/1948/3778/1600/820863/John%20Andru%20pics%20New%20Zealand%20153.jpg

    You go girl!! I'm so glad to see you're having so much fun in Kiwi land. After almost dying on a hike now you're going up glaciers. Way to keep your chin up.

    John - you're a brave man. It'll be a sad day when your travels are over!

    Miss You!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home