John's Greatest Adventure Ever

This blog is to document my "Greatest Adventure Ever." Over the next nine months - I will be traveling through China, SE Asia, and Oceania.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pictures from Thailand




















Description of pictures
1) Floating market
2) Phil and Me at Wat Phra Kaew (Wat = temple)
3) Wat Phra Kaew
4) Another floating market picture
5) Phil and our tuk tuk driver
6) Living it up at the Montien Hotel near Patpong (*wink, wink* if you know what that means)

So we're now in Chiangmai. We took the overnight train from Bangkok last night. The overnight train experience was much more pleasant in Thailand, than in China. We just had our first Thai massage, which was great. A whole 150 baht for 1.5 hours (which is like $5 CND). And we're headed trekking tomorrow.

Later,
John (and Phil who has now hijacked my blog)

5 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Joe Moderate said…

    That sure is a nice *ahem* room you have ;-) Wow, the floating market looks really cool, although it doesn't seem to make much practical sense. The temples are beautiful... but they pale in comparison to the pictures of Phil! I haven't seen that guy in years. Hope you guys are enjoying the reunion and the site-seeing.

    Please say g'day to Phil for me :-)

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    JOHN! You so totally rock! What a surprise I got yesterday in my mailbox! Woohoo!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    Oh, erm, and Thank You! (I suppose that was implied...)

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! I've noticed that there's a lot of gold in the surroundings of your pictures. Any particular reasons why? Or you don't know?

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are in my fave place, i love thailand!!

    omg you have to eat mango sticky rice!

    -veronica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home